Vastu Shastra tips for office to bring prosperity at work
People often try to make sure that their offices adhere to Vastu Shastra guidelines, to usher in luck and fortune. From maintaining cash flow to business stability, it is believed that Vastu can play a role in everything that you do in the office. In fact, if properly followed, Vastu can also bring financial prosperity and holistic well-being at your workplace. To help you with this, we delve into some important Vastu guidelines that you can follow at your office.
Vastu for office: Tips for seating arrangement
Office Vastu: Department-wise seating arrangement
- * As per Vastu shastra for office, entrepreneurs should sit facing the north, east or north-east, as these directions are said to encourage growth and new beginnings.
- * People who are in marketing or sales, should follow Vastu for office seating to gain maximum benefits. They must face the north-east direction, to ensure proactiveness. They can also sit in a north-west direction.
- * Account department officials should sit in the south-eastern corner and should face the north-east direction, as recommended in Vastu rules for office seating.
Office Vastu: Seating arrangement for managers and owners
- * People in leadership roles, should have a cabin in the west direction and face the north-east direction, as per Vastu shastra for office.
- * Business owners should sit facing the east or north directions. Also, there should be a solid wall behind the seat and not a wooden divider or curtain.
- * Managers, directors and executives should sit in the south-west, south or west corner of the office. This type of Vastu arrangement for office seating will help the workforce take better decisions.
Employee seating arrangement
- * Employees must face the north or east while working in the office, as it improves productivity. Employees should not sit directly under a light beam. If it is unavoidable, then, it can be covered with a wooden board.
Vastu tips for office entrance
- * The entrance of the office should be in the north or north-east or north-west direction.
- * These directions, as per Vastu shastra for office are considered to be auspicious and brings positivity.
- * North direction is also known as the direction of the lord of wealth. It will help you in accelerating financial profits, as well.
Vastu tips for office decor and interiors
As per Vastu Shastra guidelines for office, the north direction is ruled by the god of wealth while the north-east direction is indicative of a person’s financial health. You can keep a mirror or Kuber Yantra in the north direction or on the northern wall of the office, to ensure good financial health.
- * Avoid piling up of finished goods in the north-east direction, especially in front of the office desk. You can place these goods in the north-west direction, to ensure smooth clearance of unsold stock.
- * As per Vastu shastra for office, place your safe in the south-west corner of the office, to keep financial documents. The safe should face the north-eastern direction, to ensure prosperity.
- * According to Vastu, flowing water signifies the flow of wealth and positivity in the surroundings. A water fountain in the office will help to reduce stress and also give power. Keep fountains in the north for career growth. Avoid placing fountains that flow outward, at the office entrance.
Vastu tips for office electrical equipment and machines
The electrical equipment and related items must be placed in the south-east direction of the office building. South-east directions are also suitable for placing electrical appliances in the pantry or the kitchen. According to Vastu, the generator, electric meters and transformers, should be in the south-east corner only. Weighing machines should be kept in the north-west or east. Keep printer scanners, servers, Wi-Fi routers and camera monitors in the south-east zone.
Vastu tips for office lights
Lighting, when designed according to Vastu, can create a warm, inviting and energetic office space. Ensure that the office has ample natural light, as sunlight is associated with positive vibes. To have a successful and fulfilling career, bright lights should be in the south zone. There should be no glare on the computer screen. Adequate level of lighting at the workplace, helps to avoid feelings of tiredness and lack of concentration. The amount of light falling on an individual’s workstation should never be excessive in case of general lighting, as it can create a bad effect. Overall, the office should have soothing illumination. Also, the main entrance of the office and reception area should be lit up well with attractive light fixtures, according to Vastu, to invite good energy.
Vastu tips for the reception at the workplace
- * The reception of any office should be built in the north-east or east direction.
- * The receptionist must be seated facing north or east.
- * The logo or the company profile should be on the southern wall of the reception area. Make sure you are aware of the right office table direction as per Vastu. The reception table should be placed diagonally to the front door of the office.
- * French lavender flowers or green jade flowers can be kept at the reception area. You can also keep a four leaf clover plant at the entrance.
Vastu tips for pantry/canteen area at the workplace
- * The pantry should be constructed in the south-east direction.
- * At any cost, it should not be located in the north.
- * The walls of the pantry can have colours like light blue or green and plants can also be kept in the pantry.
Vastu tips for washrooms at the workplace
- * Washrooms are considered to have bad or negative energy. So, it is very important to get the placement of the washroom right.
- * The washroom should be in the west or north-west direction.
- * Washrooms should never be in the east, north-east or south-east directions.
Vastu tips for staircase at the workplace
- * The staircase can be constructed in the south or south-west direction.
- * According to Vastu, spiral staircases should be avoided, as they are considered to be imbalanced and can affect the positive energy in the office.
- * Office staircases should be ideally painted in light colours and not in black or red colours.
- * There should be no staircase in the centre of the office, as this can lead to financial drain.
- * Plants can be kept on the corners of each step.
- * Staircases, according to Vastu, should have an odd number of steps.
Vastu tips for installing elevators/lifts
- * According to Vastu experts, elevators in an office, should be installed in the north or east directions, while the north-east and south-west directions should be avoided at all costs.
- * Do not install lifts exactly in front of the main entrance as it will flush out the positive energy from the space.
- * Avoid mirrors on the left as it is not suitable as per Vastu Shastra.
Vastu tips for your office desk, chairs and cabin
- * Place a mountain scenery in your cabin, behind the chair.
- * You can also place a turquoise pyramid on the desk, for better relations with your employees and peers. The Vastu decorative items for office bring positive energies in the space.
- * Keep your desk clean and clutter-free.
- * Do not let unimportant documents pile up on your desk.
- * Keep papers and books locked away.
- * Throw away broken stationery as it acts as an obstacle to financial prosperity.
Vastu Shastra tips for choosing wall colours for the office
Always use bright colours for the wall paint and décor, as it spreads positivity, reflects light and keeps negative vibes at bay. Here is a colour guide for your office:
|Blue: This colour makes the overall aura cheerful and full of positive vibes. You can use this colour for the southern wall.|
|Green: Use different shades of green colour as it is beneficial for professional relationships. Paint the south-western wall in a green colour, to promote harmony in the office culture.|
|White: Use different shades of white, cream and yellow in south-east, east, north-east and north-west corners and walls.|
|Red and pink: Usually, office interiors are not painted in red and pink tones but if you want, you can use these colours on the southern walls.|
Vastu tips for placing plants in the office
Plants are excellent Vastu items for office and certain plants like bamboo are known to bring good luck for the occupants. To bring positivity and some freshness to your workplace, you can consider adding the following plants at your office. This list has been consolidated keeping in mind the extremely dry conditions due to air-conditioning.
- * Basil plant.
- * Money plant.
- * Lucky bamboo plant.
- * Lotus plant.
- * Lily plant.
- * Snake plant.
- * Cactus.
- * Lemon balm
You can also consider keeping jade plants on your desk. Apart from this, areca palm plants and dracaena plants are good options, as it brings good luck and prosperity.
Vastu tips for conference/meeting rooms
According to Vastu, the best direction to have a conference or meeting room, is the north-west. This direction is also suggested for marketing and sales staff, as they require motivation for improving their performance. You can also plan a waiting room in this area.
Vastu tips for choosing office furniture
1. For north-facing workstations, things like files, documents and electronic appliances like computers, must be kept on the left side of the table. If you have a home office, the ideal table direction as per Vastu is the southwest corner.
2. East-facing workstations should have the storage space on the right-hand side.
3. Workstations or desks must never be L-shaped or any other irregular shape as it may create confusion and delays in the delivery of work.
4. Never eat food at the workstation or desk, as it shows disrespect to work.
5. Business owners, especially entrepreneurs, must ensure that their desk is rectangular or square-shaped and made with a superior grade of wood. Avoid tables with glass tops or metal tables, as these are not considered lucky for any growing businesses.
6. For the office, it is better to use steel furniture according to Vastu. If you are using wooden furniture, ensure that the sides and edges are rounded and not sharp. Use light colour polish on the wooden furniture.
7. According to Vastu, the office chair should be comfortable and spacious, with good arm and lumbar support and should have a high back. According to office Vastu, for promotion, add a red touch to the chair. White chairs or white cushions are beneficial, overall. Vastu says to avoid using iron chairs in the office. Never use an upholstered chair with discoloured or faded fabric, or a broken chair, as it is inauspicious. It is better to repair or change it.
Vastu Shastra tips for the factory office
In a factory, the office should be located in the north or east direction. When doing business deals, the owner, MD or CEO, should always face the north or east direction, for securing profits. Ensure that there is no beam over the table.
Vastu Shastra for south-facing office
As per the south facing office Vastu, the plot should be in a square or rectangular shape. The west and the south can be used for the construction of heavy structures. Ensure that there is open space in the north and the east portion of the office area. The slope of the office floor should always be towards the north-east, east or north direction as this leads to financial gains.The shutter should be maroon or red in colour. If a glass entrance has to be made, design it in the south-east side only.
The height and the shape of the office building should be even from all four sides. The centre (Brahmasthan) of the office should not have any heavy structure. There should be no water tank in the north-east zone.
The head of the office should sit in the south or west side of the office, with their face towards the north or the east direction. The ideal shape of the office desk is rectangular. The office should be painted in light colours and one should refrain from using black and brown colours. The doors and the windows should be in the eastern or the northern portion of the office.
Vastu Shastra tips for home office
Since work from home has become the new normal, here are some Vastu tips to ensure your workspace at home has a balanced environment and promotes productivity:
- * Set up your desk/home office in the west or south-west direction. Your position during work must be towards the north-east.
- * When setting up a home office, avoid sitting with a wall at the back. Also, never sit in front of a door.
- * If you have a separate space that can be converted into an office, opt for neutral colours. You can also choose light gold, as it ensures productivity and profits.
- * The work desk should be rectangular or square in shape. If one is working on a dining table, then, ensure that it does not have a glass top on it. The work chair should be comfortable, spacious and up to the head of the person sitting on it.
- * The drawers should be in the west or south-west section of the desk.
Vastu decor items for office
As per Vastu shastra, certain decorative items for office are known to bring lots of good luck and prosperity for the occupants. Some of these items are listed below:
- * Buddha statue at the entrance
- * Fish aquariums
- * Plants and flowers
- * Paintings like the auspicious seven running horses painting
Vastu tips for temple in the office
The temple or an idol of a lord that one worships, should be placed in the north-east corner of the office. In case this is not possible, then, keep the temple in the east direction.Vastu experts state that the Ganesha idol can be placed at the entrance but the back of the Ganpati idol should face the office’s main entrance. Try and always keep the temple clean and decorate it with fresh flowers and incense. Auspicious figurines like Buddha or Ganesha idol are some Vastu items for office.
Vastu tips for office gym
If you have a gym at office, follow these Vaastu tips for office to negate any adverse effects:
- * All heavy gym equipment must be placed in the south-west, the west, the north-west or the south-east corner.
- * You can keep light equipment in the north. This direction is also suitable for performing exercises on mats, which should be done facing the east direction.
- * Install mirrors in the north or the east walls and avoid the west, the south or the south-west directions.
- * Do not keep televisions or any other distracting devices, to ensure the room is peaceful. This is one of the essential Vaastu tips for office to keep away the negative energies.
Vastu tips for selecting plots for office
As per Vastu shastra for office construction, shermukhi plots are suitable for constructing an office, factory or any commercial building. These types of plots are broader from the front side and get narrower at the ends. One should select a plot closer to the roads that are highly operational.
Vastu tips for basement office
Wrong placement of a basement office can bring negative effects for the business. The office basement should be constructed in the east or north direction of the land. Make sure there is more space on the east and north side. Lofts and mezzanine floors, according to office Vastu, should be towards the south, west or south-west.
Vastu tips for office parking
Vehicles must be parked in the specified area, towards the north-west of the office building. The north-east should be free from parking zones.
Vastu tips for office lawn
Maintaining the outdoor space is one of the Vaastu tips for office that should be followed.
According to Vastu Shastra, planting trees brings positive energy. Small lawns without trees should be developed in the north-east, north and east directions. Design lawns with big trees on the south and west side.
Vastu for boss’ cabin
Vastu for boss’ cabin suggests that it should be in the west or south-west zone. The top managers should face the north or east while sitting in the cabin. Also, there should be a wall behind the manager’s chair. No religious pictures should be placed behind the chair. The table should be made of wood. The door of the cabin should be in the north-east corner. The office or cabin shape should be square or rectangular.
Common Vastu defects and their remedies
Vastu tips for office boss cabin
Having the master cabin located in the north-east or south-east, is a major Vastu defect. As a remedy, place a natural crystal rock in the south-west corner of the main cabin. This will enhance the effectiveness of the earth element; water elements should not be used in this cabin.
Vastu tips for office entrance
The main entrance of the office should be free from any kind of obstacle and the environment should be bright and emit fragrance. However, there could be a pillar or a tree at the front entrance. You can place a basil plant between the pillar and the main door. This will add some greenery to space and make the entrance look welcoming.
Vastu tips for office colours
You should pick very specific colours to paint your office. For a small office, choose colours in a light shade, such as pastel and neutral hues. For large office spaces, you can use some bright colours. There should not be any error in selecting the colours, as otherwise, it can have consequences.
Vastu for office corner
For offices that have extended corners in the north-west, south-east, or south-west direction, you can keep aromatic plants in the window in the north-west corner. Apart from this, putting wind chimes with six pipes in the window in the north-west, can also be beneficial. You can also use the extended area as a storeroom.
Vastu for missing corner
If the south-west corner is missing, then, a lead metal Helix must be placed on the wall. Placing a lead pyramid will have more positive impact.
Vastu remedies for the pantry
If the pantry or the kitchen have the stove and sink very near to each other, place a copper swastika behind the gas/stove and a pyramid made of Shriparni wood, close to the sink. If your office has a pantry or toilet in the centre of the premises, keep Vastu salt in a wooden bowl and replace it every week.
More Vastu tips for office
- * You can place a bright painting in the office’s east direction, to weed out negativity from your office premises. This will also boost the productivity of your employees.
- * If your office has a floor sloping towards south-east or west, you can place a lead metal or copper pyramid on the sloping side. You can also place three triangular coral stones if the slope is towards the south-east.
- * According to Vastu Shastra, the central part of the office building should be kept empty.
Post a Comment